From time to time I post ailments which afflict brass. This condition was published today in the medical journal RIGHT DIAGNOSIS. It was named after the great trumpeter Louis Armstrong who suffered a great deal with this complaint. I hope that posting these articles on here may lead to a sufferer or two getting the help they need…
Satchmo syndrome: Introduction
Satchmo syndrome: Tearing of the lipmuscle that can occur in musicians who play brass or wind instruments. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Satchmo syndrome is available below.
Symptoms of Satchmo syndrome
- Impaired ability to play brass or wind instruments
- Reduced strength of lip muscle
- Reduced agility of lip muscle
- Lip muscle weakness when pouting
- Lip discomfort
- more symptoms…»
Satchmo syndrome: Related Patient Stories
Causes of Satchmo syndrome
Read more about causes of Satchmo syndrome.
Satchmo syndrome: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medicalspecialists:
- Muscle and Orthopedic Specialists:
- Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists:
- more specialists…»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
- Rate Your Doctor Online
- Research Your Doctor Online
- Review Patient Surveys About Your Doctor
- Research local specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Satchmo syndrome: Animations
Satchmo syndrome: Broader Related Topics
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Satchmo syndrome, or answer someone else’s question, on our message boards:
- I can not get a diagnosis. Please help.
- Tell us your medical story.
- Share your misdiagnosis story.
- What is the best treatment for this?
- See all the forums.